Application is open all year round!
•Fall semester begins in the middle of September.
•Spring Semester begins in the middle of February.
Remark: Spring semester is only for GIP MBA & undergraduate
degrees in Tourism and Cosmetic Science.
1. Apply Online.
2. Download IDSS application package.
Please submit application form along with the
following materials directly to the Office of
International and Cross-Strait Affairs.
Download for Triple Degree MBA Program Introduction
Download for IDSS Application Steps
1. Check List(to be printed out in the application system)
2. Application form(to be printed out in the application system)
3. All applicants must submit two official "notarized
transcripts", either in English or in Chinese. (One is
original copy; the other is the copy of the original.)
4. Two letters of recommendation which address the
applicant's academic potential, participation in
extracurricular activities, personal character, level of
English and Chinese proficiencies and a comment
regarding whether or not the applicant is mature
enough to study abroad. The letters should be written
either in English or in Chinese. Applicants who apply
for Department of Spanish Language and Literature
and Department of Japanese Language and Literature
are welcome to submit recommendation letters in the
language the department teaches.
5. Study Plan (It should be written in Chinese. For
students applying for the program at Department
of English Language, Literature and Linguistics and Graduate International Program, the study plan should
be written in English.)
6. Financial statement within 3 months to prove students
can support his/her living expenses, insurance fee,
books and other university related fees. The minimum
is USD2,500 or TWD 75,000. It should include your
English or Chinese name and should be directly issued
by the bank.
7. An International Student Scholarship Application Form.(to be printed out in the application system)
8. A photocopy of the applicant's passport or other
equivalent supporting documents.
9. Three passport-sized photographs (hard copies).
10. For students applying for GIP-MBA and Bachelor of
International Business Administration are required to
submit English proficiency certificate (TOEFL iTP 500
or iBT 61). If English is the official langauge in your
country, you do not need to submit the result.
11. A foreign national citizen who was formerly a citizen
of the Republic of China must attach a certificate
indicating that he/she is no longer a legal citizen of the
Republic of China (Taiwan), and has already given up
the Taiwan's citizenship for 8 years or above.
12. Those who wish to pursue doctoral degrees must
submit your research plan and a photocopy of the
equivalent thesis including a Chinese or English
13. Chinese Proficiency Test: The Test of Chinese as a
Foreign Language(TOCFL), HSK, or other equivalent
Chinese proficiency test.You should present the
document which showed you pass the listening and
reading test. See scholarship information for detail.
Please submit the attendance and certification of
Chinese language center and all transcript.
14. Providence University declaration for International
Degree Seeking Students.(to be printed out in the application system)
1. Your official transcript and diploma must be notarized
by the Taiwan Representative Office or an embassy of
the representative of the Republic of China, Taiwan, in
your area. Please find the list of Embassies Abroad at
following link www.mofa.gov.tw)
2. Some departments offer courses in English but most
undergraduate and graduate programs are mainly
conducted in Mandarin Chinese. It is required that
applicants are proficient in Chinese language skills.
3. Other documents may be required by certain
departments or graduate institutes; in this case, the
applicant will be informed.
4. Providence University reserves the right to cancel/
withhold a scholarship for reasons of student
misconduct and/or if it suspects that a student has not
registered for academic reasons.